Monday, April 23, 2012

May Fun Pack and Countdown to Summer

I LOVE Pinterest!  I'm sure many of you do too!  I found an idea on there not too long ago about hanging balloons from the ceiling with little papers in them with activities for your kiddos to do at the end of the year.  I thought this was a GREAT idea!


However, I have a couple kiddos that I think would be stressed by the popping of the balloons every day so I decided to make stars to hang on my bulletin board instead.  I found some cute stars at Graphics From the Pond and I put numbers on the them starting at 36 and going down to 1.


Today I had them them cut out and laminated (by my awesome aide Mrs. J) and put up on my board to start using this week.  I've made smaller stars with activities on them to tape to the back of the bigger stars for my kiddos to do.  I explained to my very well behaved, especially for a Monday kids today how it would work.  (I took a picture of the stars, but I will have to post it later!  Then, I realized I left my camera at school so I will post pics tomorrow...promise!)


At the end of the day, we will get out our Countdown to Summer booklets (included with my pack) and find two ways to make the number of days left.  For example, on day 10 we might put 2 nickels, 10 tally marks, or addition and subtraction sentences, etc.


Then, we will turn the star over to find the surprise on the back!  I've told my kiddos no peeking or the stars come down.  I also told them we will only have fun with the stars if we can get all of our work done throughout the day and we continue to follow school rules.  Those kiddos who are beyond ready for summer don't make good choices will not get to participate in the activities!  I'm hoping this encourages some great end of the year behavior!!!!!  :)


I've included enough stars to count down from day 36 and I've also included a bunch of activities on smaller stars.  I did leave some blank ones for you to add your own ideas too.


I also thought it was important to include a recording sheet of the surprises so you know exactly what's going to happen that day.  My kiddos will think I'm totally surprised, but always prepared!  :)  This will help in making sure you have enough time or if you need to switch an activity with another at the last minute.


I figure if I can get excellent behavior and lots of work completed throughout the day, I can give them the last 5-10 minutes!  Some of the activities I plan on doing are some science experiments (not included) that I have found.  The star just says experiment so I can choose which ones I want to do.  I also plan on using some of the activities more than once!


Here is a snapshot of the activity pages and the countdown stars and booklet:




I'm going out to dinner with my Hubby and his family, but I wanted to give away two May Fun Packs to the first two people who comment and leave me their email addresses!  I'll send them out when I get back home!

And, here's a freebie for all of my followers:


If you use the freebie, please leave me a comment letting me know how you handle classroom management at the end of the school year!  

I'm sure we could all use some tips!  :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is super cute! Enjoy dinner with your Hubby and his family!

Brittany
Sweet Seconds
kielarbn@pba.edu

Cupcake said...

This sounds like a fun idea! I'd love to see pics!
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun way to end the year... I too want to see pics! :)
Tori
treb21@comcast.net
toristeachertips.blogspot.com/

Jessica said...

Love your blog! I am your newest follower:) Come visit me...

learnplayandhavefun.blogspot.com

Lohren Nolan said...

I'm your newest follower! Thanks so much for the freebie! I would love it if you could come follow me.

totallyterrificteachingtools.blogspot.com

Lohren Nolan

Michelle Griffo said...

I love it! thank you for the freebie!

Michelle

Apples and ABC's

Post a Comment