Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pictures.....Finally!!

I'm. so. tired.  


Grading, blogging, end of year activities, blogging, entertaining my wild and crazy kiddos, blogging, grad school homework, blogging, grade level and classroom ordering, blogging....my list just goes on and on!  :)  


I've finally loaded the pics I've taken of my stars from my May Fun Pack.  Behind the big stars are little stars with activities or treats for my kiddos.  Those that get all of their work done and have good behavior get to participate.  


I started this yesterday and it's working like a charm so far.  It's great being able to remind them throughout the day that if they don't make good choices, they're not going to get to participate in our star surprise.  


Here are the stars:


I know the bulletin board paper doesn't match the stars, but it was the only open spot I had.  Next year, I'll plan ahead better!  :)

These two are back up on the board now.  After we turn them over, I just tape them back up so we can see what we have done so far.  


We also have a book that we write in before we see what's behind the star.  We have to write 2 math sentences for the number of days left....just to tie in a little math.  :)






And, just in case you were wondering...I've had kids miss the treat/surprise both days so far.  :(  Overall, my classroom behavior has been much better though so I'm happy!  And, my kiddos are loving it!  


If you do purchase my May Fun Pack and would like some other ideas/treats on the small stars, please email me and I can put whatever you would like on there!  

6 comments:

Kristen said...

I adore your blog name!! I am a new happy admirer of your blog :)
Kristen

Lohren Nolan said...

Thanks for sharing! I definitely need something to keep my classroom well managed at the end of the year.

totallyterrificteachingtools.blogspot.com

Lohren Nolan

Sandra said...

I love the stars! So cute!
❤ Sandra
Sweet Times in First
sweettimesinfirst@gmail.com

Jessica Ann Stanford said...

Loving the adorable book and stars idea!

BTWBTW, I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog!

Blessings,

Jessica Stanford
Mrs. Stanford's Class 
Jessica.Stanford@me.com

Unknown said...

Your site is super cute and you are a fellow first grade teacher. I am your newest follower. Thanks for visiting my site and following me.
Pamela
First Class Teacher

Miss Hockensmith said...

Great ideas I can't wait to try out! Thanks for stopping by my blog, and I am now your newest follower!

FirstGradeFriends

Post a Comment